Monday, June 12, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

Well, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, and honestly I didn't actually like it that much.

 I know it's super popular, but it seemed like the story line needed a different villain. The "superior" golden race who hunted the guardians should have been a bigger threat and the main antagonist in my opinion. The villain who was actually the main baddie had a cliche and kinda scary story arch.

Baby Groot was a huge success and if the entire movie was just him I would have loved it!

There were way more inappropriate jokes that made it childish and cheap feeling. A lot of  unnecessary language. In one instance that ruined the actual deep and tear jerking meaning of a scene.

There were good points. Baby Groot was one, Peter and Yondu's realization of their close father/son bond (however short lived) was another. Gamora and Nebula's relationship development was also a positive factor, and goes to show you can literally beat someone down with kindness till they love you! Lol

All in all I think they wasted half of a great movie plot and script. The other half had disturbing mass murder, (suggested and seen.)
And I was actually disappointed. One of the redeeming qualities of the movie was a certain character.
Who tearfully dies, Which is extremely tragic and self-sacrificial.

If you are a fan of the first one I guess you might like this one too. I am a huge fan of the Guardians and hope this movie won't ruin my previous high opinion of them in the future.

There's no real reason to see it to keep up to date for Infinity Wars next year.

Oh, and there was almost no point to the 5 after credit scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment