Monday, January 16, 2017

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

When you read the title it sounds like someone ruined a Jane Austin classic. As is a trend lately. I am a fan of several actors who are in this movie and so I wanted to see it and give it a chance.

I was pleasantly surprised when I finally did see it. It is well written and if you don't like zombie movies, it's okay I don't really either, but this one isn't like your typical zombie movie.

If you've seen or read the original story you probably know the basic story of Pride and Prejudice. PPZ is true to that story while also adding extra details, and a few scenes that are required when you add something such as zombies to the mix. 

It's interesting because you don't know for sure whats going to happen. It's not 100% romance, which I am totally okay with. (The romance is prominent.)
I love Matt Smiths portrayal of Mr.Collins in this version! I even like the way it ends a little bit better than the original versions.



Basically I would recommend this movie, and if you don't like romance movies still give it a try. If you don't like zombie movies still give it a try. You may be surprised and like it.

There is some Zombie related violence and a few scary scenes. I probably wouldn't let kids watch it.











No comments:

Post a Comment