Thursday, March 9, 2017

Mid-Season recommendations

If you weren't aware there are several shows that start their season when other shows are in the middle of theirs. Agent Carter, Galavant are examples of shows that follow this schedule. I personally like this type of show, it gives you something when other shows are on hiatus or just wanting something new.

I usually depend on the internet to watch my shows of choice. So unfortunately I don't have a sign in to watch certain episodes. :(

Beyond is a Freeform show, the pilot and 2nd episode are available for anyone to watch. If you want to watch the entire series you'll have to sign in. I would recommend this show from the little I've seen.

Powerless is on NBC. At first glance the story line is charming and interesting. However once you actually sit down and watch an episode or two you may discover as I did that it isn't all it could have been. Powerless is a little to reliant on their stereotypical characters and forget to make it interesting. It reminds me of every other comedy on NBC and other networks.


Legion stars Dan Stevens, which is what drew me to the show in the first place. The trailer looks amazing and I couldn't wait to watch it. When I tried to find it online I realized it is on a Fox channel and isn't available at all without a sign in. I was very disappointed, but I would still give it a try.



Emerald City is a (you may have guessed) Wizard of Oz related fantasy show on NBC. If it wasn't for the witches/witchcraft I'd be down. It's interesting and I would be willing to watch the entire season as it comes out.

I didn't know Humans was on AMC. Or that it was a televised show at all. I saw the first season on Amazon Prime and didn't realize until the new season started that it airs on AMC. From what I've seen it looks like it's kept my favorite characters but also expanded the world.


Riverdale is this season's Stranger Things. On CW, and apparently Netflix, Riverdale is blowing minds and becoming a new fan favorite. Although it's a little teenager-y, the writers managed to not conform to the stereotypes to badly and make it interesting for an adult audience.



Feel free to ask about my favorite characters. For info about a show. Or anything else! :)


Update! There is another mid-season show that has just premiered that I didn't know about before. It's similar to Timeless, but slightly more focused on the characters. Jack the Ripper somehow gets his hands on a time machine and HG Wells chases him to the future.



Sounds pretty cool right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment